Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Dressed for 'Tshechu'

I know I am not old, and I don't feel one either. Every morning, tirelessly, I dress up for work - kira, tego, wonju, sunscreen, face powder, eye liner...and shoes.

"You are going to watch tshechu (festival)?" Lucy won't escape any opportunity to remark if I am little over-dressed for work. For instance, the dangling earrings I am wearing today. Or the meto-kira. Or the new pair of heels. 

Ha-ha.

I am good at humours. Say, the evening I went to my sister's place and there I met my childhood friend. Actually, we were once 'teased' in primary school. We remained good friends for a long time but it was like almost a decade...until that evening, and I looked like I just got out of bed. Uncombed hair. No grooming. Pure me. Stale me. On a lighter side, I didn't want him to see me that way. I wanted him to see me (be it after a decade) slightly stylish and permed. Since then, I vowed I will not compromise with whatever feminine personality I have. 

I am a woman with rules and standards.

I don't come to work half-dressed. Any time of the year, you will see me fully clad with wonju and tego. Already, our attire has gone through so much of transformation that it pains me to see it being distorted. So, I hold on to the tradition of respecting however little I can. 

My hair. I don't make buns or color my hair. An office is a place of respect, not discotheque. Mind you, this is my perception and I don't enforce the same on others. So, take this comment as personal and not intended to any other. Oh yes, my hair. I keep it short because I feel smarter in short hair. I feel lighter, energy on the higher side. 

Shoes - bye bye heels, thanks to the 3rd floor office we are housed in. Multiple times up and down the stairs that by the end of the day, I feel like someone knocked my knees with iron rods. Am I sad? Perhaps not. I am happier with shorter heels, which gives me all the reasons to be this restless creature.

Come to the colors of my attire and I am always B.R.I.G.H.T. Oh, I love bright colors - they reinvent the energy in me. Anything I do is associated with energy and I look for positive energy - be it the books I read, or the people I talk to, or the movies I watch, or the things I possess. Energy. Bright energy.

A quick look at myself and hola...almost dressed for tshechu and my mood is so festive today!


8 comments:

  1. Zai wai, madam! LOL Nice post. I appreciate such women. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Keep appreciating "us" :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha.... I'm the opposite of you!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh! At least somewhere in our thoughts, we are same same.

      Delete
  3. Agreed fully when you said "I don't come to work half-dressed. Any time of the year" . Super nice post.It made my day Madamji :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that tells me we click in our standards! Thanks, Dawa.

      Delete
  4. This reminds me that I've never gone to work half dressed nor in buns or pony tail as well lol. No compromise there! And I love the old ways of wearing kira and wonju and tego which I've been doing it so protectively.

    It's actually funny that when your hair and makeup is undone and you care the least about how you look, you collide with your crush or men from the past. Thats the way the universe works :D.

    I love this post, so full of live and positive energy, just like you :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you are, my girl. Always smart and looking at best. In fact substance women like you inspire me as well. So ready to face the day. Muaaahhhh.

      Delete