Wednesday, June 17, 2015

We Didn't Lose - Team Bhutan

I am not a foot-ball buff at all; all I understand from this game is that there are 11 players in each team and a goalie, and one side attempts to take the ball to the other side (this is as far as I can explain to my mother whose knowledge on the game is next to confusion). I see my Hubby watching the game on TV almost every night, sometimes up till midnight, and this only aggravates my wonder what keeps him glued to the game.

Last evening, I joined the rest of the world in the excitement of our Team Bhutan playing against China, and the huge roar of the crowd at Changlingmithang. I was home with my family, in front of the television. 
The spirit of the game (Source: FB)

I think we all knew that we won't stand a chance against the Chinese team for whatever valid/ invalid reasons we can think of. Comments and assumptions were already on the media sites days before. As a novice watcher, it didn't make much sense to argue. From whatever I could rationalise my thoughts on, these are few I deduced:

a. Fore-mostly, thank you Dragon Boys for bringing jubilance in the town. I really haven't seen a more excited crowd than this before. You managed to convey one message that we may be small but our hearts are beyond space.

b. You didn't lose, I mean we didn't lose. Even in another 50 years or so, we will not stand equal to most of the countries owing to the pace at which we adopted this game. Our boys showed us how far we can go given the chance to prove our worth. We love you for that.

c. The whole nation united as one to support the game. This will be an inspiration that no matter what, we will always cherish the beauty of our existence.

I am not sure if I will ever gain further insights of the game, but as you play the remaining games, I shall continue to pray for you all. And in total solidarity, I bought two jerseys in support of the team. I  wish we could support you in every way possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ana,
    How are you doing? Most probably not a place to start a conversation but I have been thinking of you lately :D Talk to you this weekend.

    OH! I am not a "football watcher" and definitely not a big fan of football too. But I am cheering up for TEAM BHUTAN :D

    My love to LOLO xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zamin dear, you do have a good heart and long life. I thought of you this morning and wondered where you have vanished in the last few months and here you are! Yes, updates long overdue :)

      Hope all is good that side. Silence worries us, so do keep us updated. Take care and much love.

      Delete