Friday, January 24, 2014

M.A.M.A!

She calls me "Mama" and that completes the feeling!

We have this belief that whichever name the baby calls first, that parent is doomed to struggle! I should believe such things ever exist, because when Lolo called me "Ma...ma" (with her little tongue twister) for the first time, I nearly dropped the dish I was doing! And right next to me was my Hubby who was trying to get her saying "Papa". I felt so complete and heavenly.

For months, I waited to hear this word. Motherhood was born in me from the day a tiny cell called "Lolo" developed inside me. The nine-months she grew inside me, as it was, was a founding journey, much to say how much we are drooling over her every day, even today! But the difference it feels when you hear your name being called in the form you most covet. And mine - "Ma...ma".

My Lolo is such a drama-queen. Even to speak this out, she tongue twists her little mouth to make it sound like it's perfected to the last sonata! We are really loving it, you know. 

Lolo is slowing beginning to enter the real world of touch, color, taste and feel. She has already mastered the art of mimicry that she is right after us imitating anything we do or say. Talk of taste and she hunts for anything (mark my word - anything) within her sight. She eats amla (goose-berry), ti-ti-ri (tamarind), walnuts and what nots. She likes spaghetti, maggie and macroni noodles, including hot cheesy momos. At least in her eating habits, I haven't been so particular. I wanted Lolo to get a taste of everything and she surely gets me weak by proving many a myth wrong! That's my girl.

Also, she is already choosy about her clothes. She knows what keeps her good and what she doesn't like. Lucy stamps, "If Lolo is not Alu's daughter, I will fight the case in the Supreme Court!" Ha-ha. Such comics I have at home to keep me alive and upright. 

The case shall thrive until Lolo learns to acknowledge each of the members by name. And for now, I rest with ten pairs of green eyes around me! Yipee...Lolo's Mama I am, after all!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you Madam, for the post. I am glad I have been a good boy till now to my mother, who would make my concerns her immediate possession. I love you, my mom.
    However, the sores to our heart, are rising which children growing wild against their parents. Friends became their priority over parents even if knowing their need.
    Mother has a huge role in molding her children with the human values our small closed community country long boasted.
    We need to closely work from now. We don't want our future mothers devoid of motherly value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Jigme, a mother's love is unconditional and you having been a good boy is all your mother would ever want of you.

      One day, be a good father and let your children enjoy the chain of love through generations!

      Delete