Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Why I Missed the 106th National Day Celebration, Physically

The whole of last day, I was at home with Lolo and together we were watching the live broadcast on BBS of the National Day celebrations. We very much enjoyed.

As a mother, I have learnt to prioritize a lot of things. For one, my commitment to watch Lolo grow and until she is of one year, not to go anywhere without her. So, this weekend I am traveling down south with Lolo and her accessories - her bath-tub, her toys, her foods and her clothes to attend a week-long training. At least, I can be with her in the evenings. 

Similarly, weekends and holidays are heartily welcomed in my calender for they mean round the clock with Lolo. One such the National Day Holiday.

Right at 10:00 a.m. we switched on the old TV set at home. I know my girl is too young to understand everything but that didn't spare her from getting the updates from me. When I watched His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo (my heart exploded with happiness!), I narrated to Lolo the role of this godly King because of whose hardwork we are living peacefully today. She smiled in return. 

Likely, we enjoyed each of the events with so much of love, respect and spirit of nationalism. Lolo particularly loved the mask dances during the chipdrel and marchang ceremonies. Even for a baby, those events generated so much of interest and enthusiasm that she kept pointing her little finger to the TV set.

When His Majesty addressed the country, the two of us listened with such happiness. Somehow I got the feeling that Lolo understand more than what I did, because along with us, her generation will work under the great leadership of our King!

You see, I missed the National Day Celebration, I mean physically  because I saw myself in a bigger role rather being with Lolo. She needed to get the right taste of this nationalist feeling on her 1st episode of our national celebration. As she grows up, she will begin to rejoice her birth as a blessing and to be called a Bhutanese. She will love her Kings, her country and her people.

3 comments:

  1. This is really an epic journey we are travelling toward happiness under the glee light of our beloved kings,..Even we see our people rejoice with peace and prosperity under the farsighted vision of our dharma kings. we should be proud to born in this country where there is no war and women trafficking like other country,......Nice to read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't thought on that Sage, but we can figure that out :)

      Delete