Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bhutanese Bloggers e-Conference

Well, I am to take a break from my usual cribs about being Lolo's mother and join fellow bloggers in celebrating this e-blogger initiative taken by Rekha Mongar and respond to the invitation sent by Ngawang Penstar. Alright.

1. Why did you start blogging in the first place? And what’s the story behind your blog title?
Of the few intimate passions I claim to have, writing is one of my favourites. (I know I dream of writing a book one day...ha-ha!). Back then, I wrote and printed the stories, until I stumbled across the free online blogging site. So I began this blog (http://www.luzee.blogspot.com/). 

Initially, I had titled it as "Luzee and her Hidden Heart" because I found myself literally talking to my blog what I couldn't express in person to another. It was like I opened my heart and exposed everything bare. But with the birth of my daughter (and myself as a mother), I wanted to dedicate it to my daughter. So, I rephrased the title as "A Mother's Journey Thus Begun". One day, she should read through and understand how much I had celebrated this promotion.

2. How long have you been blogging? Where are you based?
Mmmm, I think I began blogging sometimes in 2006 in wordpress. The current blog must have been there since 2007 (although I have shamelessly deleted all my earlier posts! Blame this inconsistency in me!).

I am very much in the capital Thimphu. But I take my blog where-ever I go, because my emotions are more when I am away from home.

3. How do you schedule your blog post? Daily or weekly? Or as and when inspiration strikes you?
I would love to update it almost every day if possible but with this new set of responsibilities, I admit this is entirely not possible. So, I tend to update when I get a new surge of inspirations or beauties to talk to my daughter in the form of words.

4. Does your family and friends know about your blog?
I always thought I wrote something and nobody knew about it but surprisingly I seem to have a lot of readership! Like one time, a journalist walked into my office screaming if I were 'Luzee the writer' and that she religiously follows my blog!

And another time, I had written about family conflict which again became viral (would appreciate if any of my readers retained a copy since I had long deleted it - I want to re-read it again!).

On a positive note, yes I think I am amply read by my family and friends.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Luzee for this. And I am so happy to go through your blogging experience. We need to carry this forward and make it a regular event. Good day and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, Luzee. A real shame not to have kept your previous entries intact. I read all of them including the one you are talking about but sadly I don't have a copy. I enjoy reading your posts. Go for it, ma'am. Write a book! I also dream about writing one but it is a far- fetched dream. If you and I ever write, I feel our style would be similar: simple and loaded with some dose of emotions and romance. :D

    But you have already started writing it seems. I remember reading somewhere where one of your friends asked how your book was going or something like that. I could be wrong. Please confirm. You just have to write one. There's an eager reader here. :) Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~~~Pardon for the unintended overlooks, made the necessary edition~~~

    Thanks Ngawang, we can do a lot more, can't we?

    Langa - Shame that I accuse time for all the delays, but ya the 'book' you are talking about is yet to take some leaps. For now, I am deferring to a better time (let's see). Oh yes, we could co-author, you know :) It will be nice.

    And thanks, you have always given a new bout of energy to keep nurturing this passion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, I know about your blog too. Since 2010 or so :)
    Love to Lolo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Yeesi, we are waiting to see you back home.

    ReplyDelete