Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Digging the Past...for a Better Future

When I decided to stand and fight, I knew I had a big reason. So the reason was when I decided to keep a chronology of what happened. Now, that's me, purely me who has to abide by the dates and events. I am talking about what I did yesterday afternoon.

Months after the happenings in my life, I feel like a phoenix reborn out of the ashes of my old self - a better, wiser and stronger person. Without remembering and acknowledging my past, I won't know how to celebrate this feeling [thank you]. Hence, I got down to "Project Past". I dug through the calender, inboxes, mails and my mind (the biggest data-chip) and started ravishing through the rush of the events. Thank God, I wasn't dead for sometimes, everything is still afresh and warm in my thoughts.

Instead of the frustrations and remorse [I felt then], I felt a little kiddish at some of the hedious things, like the nasty mails archived in the inbox. I wasn't keen to read through again, so I copy-pasted the whole stuff in a very seemingly chronicle manner. Eight pages of events was not bad. I quite enjoyed revisiting some of the moments, especially those where I must have thought I were as good as being bad. Anyway. 

Admist, I remembered to call the lawyer who helped me through the phase. His surprise tone indicated it's not everyday that he receives a 'thank-you-note' from his clients. But I had to thank him for instilling the power of right in my fight. 

After I printed and mailed the chronicle to my mailing addresses, I got a sudden jubilant feeling. Perhaps, I was justifying the conviction my family and friends have in me, that "You are a strong woman." Honest, I like to be called that. I like to be judged as someone capable of standing for what's right. A shame if I were to thread on a path much to the dislike of my own existence. 

This attempt will refurnish my future. One day, my children will read this and realize how their parent/s fought through to stand tall against the injustice in life. One day, I will look back as I sit on the rocking chair and thank life for the lessons that made me rejoice every happiness, every tear. 

You can change anything, but the truth. 

4 comments:

  1. Why dont your post those 8 pages here for our reading pleasure and for your children to read some day, I know you will lose it if you dont archive it online somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha. It sounds like my past is on sale :)

    I will, I will. One day...for now, it's safe in the archives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post, Luzee. Better future with the help of the past - a good idea to recycle things and make better use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Langa, nothing like being positive at every given angle, else you know how it is.

    I am amused with the word "recycle". He-he. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete